A Diploma in Gerontology Health Care is vital considering the growing elderly population and their unique health needs.
Diploma in Animal Care*
Studying animal care at Rushmore Business School is an excellent choice for someone looking for a fulfilling and rewarding career. Students will be able to upgrade their knowledge and skills in animal care in Mauritius. This provides you with an extremely marketable and well recognized qualification in the field, giving you the opportunity to work at home and abroad.
*Approval in process
The Diploma in Animal Care program is designed to provide you with the functional knowledge of a veterinary office, veterinary anatomy and pharmacology, animal behavior and nutrition, and clinical procedures in veterinary practices.
On successful completion of this course, learners will be able:
1. Describe the interpersonal skills and professional characteristics of an effective workforce in the animal care sector, explain where employment opportunities can be found for those with training in animal care, and outline typical daily responsibilities.
2. Use appropriate veterinary terminology to describe basic concepts of anatomy and physiology, pathology and disease, pharmacology, dentistry, and nutrition, as they apply to animals.
3. Describe how to determine the difference between emergency medical conditions and less critical medical ailments by identifying symptoms, signs, and clinical signs, and by reading animal body language.
4. Explain the fundamental quality control processes used to safely handle and treat both healthy and sick/injured animals, such as when conducting physical examinations, collecting samples, conducting tests, performing procedures, and making observations.
5. Identify standard procedures used in the animal care laboratory and surgical center and describe the functions, use, and maintenance of the specialized equipment and instruments found there.
6. Interact with veterinarians, veterinary technicians, clients, and animals, displaying professional skills, appearance, and ethics in a work-experience setting.
• Anatomy and Physiology I
• Common Diseases Affecting Animals
• Care and Management of Animals
• Care and Welfare of Animals with Geriatric Conditions
• First Aid and Emergency Management in Animal Care
• Ethical Issues Associated with Animal Care
• Zoonotic Diseases
• Anatomy and Physiology II
• Biochemistry and Diagnostic Testing
• Animal Pathophysiologies
• Parasites and Clinical Parasitology
• Veterinary Practice and Administration
Rushmore Business School
Payment plan for full annual payment
To pay full annual payment including 5% discount, before the start of the course.
Other courses you might be interested
Diploma in Wound Management offers a specialized programme addressing the need for healthcare professionals with expertise in wound care.
Graduate midwives are central to the design and delivery of equitable, ethical health systems that focus on maternal and child health, prevention of illness, care of physical and mental health in maternal and child healthcare and community settings.