It is designed to give students the opportunity to explore the business sector, while acquiring the knowledge, understanding and skills needed for the future.
Pearson BTEC International Level 3 Diploma in Information Technology
The Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Information Technology is designed for studentswho are interested in the study of information technology (IT). It is designed to providehighly specialist, work-related qualifications in a range of vocational sectors. This Diplomaenriches the learners with the knowledge, understanding and skills that they need toprepare for employment.
Upon successful completion of this course, graduates will be able to:
- Understand how organisations use business information
- Understand the issues related to the use of information
- Know the features and functions of information systems
- Be able to use IT tools to produce management information
- Perform end user support including identifying and implementing solutions to user requests
- Analyze technical requirements to determine resource requirements and the impact the solution will have on an organization
- Install technical hardware and software including network, database and security components;
- Identify and resolve technical problems using trouble-shooting and research techniques.
- Information Technology Systems – Strategy, Management and Infrastructure
- Create systems to manage information
- IT Project Management
- IT Technical Support and Management
- Using Social Media in Business
- Website Development
- Digital 2D and 3D Graphics
- The Internet of Things
Upon successful completion of this qualification, students are eligible to join the first year of a degree programme in IT or Computing.
It is designed to give students the opportunity to explore, gain knowledge as well as skills needed to join the IT sector on a professional level.
It provides students with an understanding of two closely aligned industries, whilst allowing them to build their credit portfolio and skill set ready.