The dynamic growth and popularity of the Spa Industry is nothing with what is to come. Spa-ing has become a lifestyle phenomenon. Most companies invest in a tremendous amount of time, energy and money in the design and the building of the spa facility. However, the physical structure is not what actually creates the fulfilling spa experience for the customer in search of wellness; it is the people that makes it happen.
The CIBTAC Spa Therapy Diploma is awarded by the British Association of Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology.
CIBTAC Diploma is widely recognized internationally as a professional spa qualification.
The course is dispensed by highly qualified lecturers with International experience and qualifications.
The Certificate has been designed to meet the following aims:
- The course provides a comprehensive understanding of a wide range of Spa Therapies which will ensure that the graduate is confident and competent to work in the Spa Industry in Mauritius and overseas.
- Work experience is a compulsory element of this course. A minimum of 50 hours work experience in a Commercial Spa is required and will be provided to students during the course.
- Stone Therapy Massage
- Spa Water Treatments/ Hydrotherapy/ Rasul/ ThalassoTherapy
- Body Ex foliation and Body Wraps
- Maintenance and Monitoring of Spas Hygiene
- Health and Hygiene
- Body Massage
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Work placement
- Certification is awarded by the Confederation of International Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology (CIBTAC), which is the examining body of the British Association of Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology (BABTAC).
- CIBTAC apply a rigid set of standards governing attendance, learning and examinations.
- Examinations will be conducted for both practical and theory in Mauritius by International Examiners from CIBTAC.
Confederation of International Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology (UK)