It is designed to give students the opportunity to explore the business sector, while acquiring the knowledge, understanding and skills needed for the future.
Pearson BTEC International Level 2 Diploma (SRF) in Engineering
The engineering sector continues to suffer from a skills gap and needs to keep up with rapidly developing technologies. The Pearson International BTEC Level 2 in Engineering is designed to give new entrants to the engineering sector the underpinning knowledge and specific skills needed to meet the needs of modern engineering industries.
The course is meant for applicants who do not hold a Cambridge School Certificate (SC) or equivalent. Students who complete the Level 2 qualification can progress to Level 3 qualifications which are equivalent to A-levels or to a University Foundation Course.
Aims and objectives:
- Give full-time learners the opportunity to enter employment in the engineering sector or to progress to Level 3.
- Provide education and training for engineering employees.
- Give learners the opportunity to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life.
- Working safely and effectively in Engineering
- Applied Electrical and Mechanical Science for Engineering
- Using Computer Aided Drawing Techniques in Engineering
- Mathematics for Engineering Technicians
- PC Hardware and Software Installation and Configuration
- Interpreting and using Engineering Information
- Selecting Engineering Materials
- Fabrication Techniques and Sheet Metal Work
- Mobile Communications Technology in Engineering
English classes will be provided.
It is designed to provide highly specialist, work-related qualifications in a range of vocational sectors in the field of Information Technology (IT).
It is designed to give students the opportunity to explore, gain knowledge as well as skills needed to join the IT sector on a professional level.