A Diploma in Gerontology Health Care is vital considering the growing elderly population and their unique health needs.
Diploma in Communication and Media Studies
The Diploma in Communication and Media Studies (DCOMM) will give learners a broad understanding of the media as well as a hands-on approach to developing professional communication skills.
Learners will be equipped to work in different multi platform media environments – print,radio, television and online. The DCOMM will provide learners with the best practices of the industry. The DCOMM is designed for individuals who want to join the exciting fields of Communication and Media as well as for young practicing journalists and communication professionals. Practical sessions will be carried out in the brand new state-of-the-art radio and TV studio at Rushmore Business School.
Through practical instructional and teaching methods, unique assessment strategies and the conducive learning environment of the programme, students will attain life-long learning and innovative skills. With exposure to the various information, media and digital technology modules, students will develop collaborative and communicative skills.
- To provide the knowledge and the contemporary skills for a career in communication and media.
- To equip learners with the necessary skills, creative and innovative ideas, attitude and aptitude to excel in this fast-paced industry.
- To provide global and cultural awareness, entrepreneurial literacy and media literacy.
Upon successful completion of this course, graduates will be able to:
- Explore the cultural, social and political contexts of communication processes and industries, international communication, and the way culture is expressed through media.
- Communicate information effectively and efficiently to diverse audiences using a multitude of communication platforms and media available.
- Understand who and what comprises the media, how media works and operates, how to analyse, and how best to make effective use of media.
- Demonstrate high communication and media skills both in print and electronic media, conceive, write and produce news items / programmes for radio and television.
- Introduction to Communication and Media
- Introduction to Print and Electronic Media
- Digital Media Essentials
- Basics of Photography
- Media Law, Regulations and Ethics
- Cross Cultural Communication
- News Gathering
- Media Writing Skills
- Broadcast Journalism
- Investigative Journalism
- Radio Production
- Television Production
- Coverage of Major National Events
- Mobile Journalism
- News Presentation
- Media Literacy
Diploma in Wound Management offers a specialized programme addressing the need for healthcare professionals with expertise in wound care.
Studying animal care at Rushmore Business School is an excellent choice for someone looking for a fulfilling and rewarding career.