CTH Level 3 Foundation Diploma in Hospitality & Tourism
For students new to the hospitality and tourism industry this course is an excellent first step. The Level 3 Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism provides students with an understanding of these two closely aligned industries, whilst also allowing them to build their credit portfolio and skill set ready to go on to the higher level study in the field.
By providing students with an overall understanding of the industries, it allows them to explore and identify where their passions and interests lie so that they can then go on to specialise in the more specialist discipline of their choice.
The qualification is a great starting point for those eager to get their foot in the door. It is targeted at the learning needs of those students who are new to the field and typically in the 16 – 18 year age bracket. Through the completion of the course, they not only get a feel for the industry but become certified by CTH for their efforts.
Learning is highly structured and covers the key first principles required to understand the essential of the way the industries work. Hospitality and tourism are massive sectors offering a wealth of career opportunities covering everything f rom international 5 star hotels, through airlines, restaurants, cruise lines, bars and specialist resorts. They offer an incredible range of career opportunities and this foundation programme provides an excellent first induction into the workings of this vast sector.
- Provides students with an understanding of the Hospitality & Tourism industry and of the key functions within the sector.
- Provides for an effective academic progression route.
- Enables students to gain credits towards higher education.
- Enables students to develop higher level academic skills that can be applied in a vocational context.
- Essentials of Human Resources and Business Computing in Tourism and Hospitality
- Essentials of Marketing and Customer Relationships in Tourism and Hospitality
- Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- Essentials of Tourism and Hospitality Operations
- Essentials Study Skills*
* This unit aims to provide learners with essential skills for academic communication, writing assignments and making presentations of academic information and carrying out programmes of academic study. Assessment: Assignments and presentations.
Students not undertaking this unit may be awarded the CTH Level 3 Foundation Diploma in Tourism & Hospitality (4 units).
It provides students with the opportunity to develop major functional skills required for Beauty Therapy.