It consists of four 20 credit modules and one 40 credit module for qualified, experienced nurses to ‘top up’ their diploma to a degree in Nursing.
Basic Aircraft Maintenance 1, 2 & 3
Aircraft operators and maintenance companies have identified an emerging need for additional qualified maintenance staff to meet future needs. Current demographics identify an ageing workforce and insufficient ‘new starts’. It is therefore imperative that aircraft engineers are trained today to meet future demands of the airline industry. The aim of this flexible modular course is to offer training to meet the theoretical knowledge requirements together with relevant practical experience to become eligible for the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) Part 66 Aircraft Maintenance Licence. This professional licence to practice confers upon its holder the privilege to certify the fitness for service of an aircraft. The course can be studied as a complete full-time programme lasting 24 weeks or as an individual module, with each module lasting from 5 days (1 week) upwards to 6 weeks. The modules for this programme are grouped into 3 parts lasting between 6 to 12 weeks.
On successful completion of the full modular course, learners will have achieved the theoretical knowledge for basic aircraft maintenance. They will be able to:
- Use a combination of engineering knowledge and understanding to improve the application of existing and emerging maintenance technology.
- Apply appropriate theoretical methods to the analysis and solution of engineering problems.
- Provide technical and commercial leadership.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to professional standards, recognising obligations to society, the profession and the environment.
- 1 Mathematics for Aircraft
- 2 Physics for Aircraft .
- 3 Aircraft Electrical Fundamentals
- 4 Aircraft Electronic Fundamentals
- 5 Aircraft Digital Techniques
- 6 Aircraft Materials and Hardware
- 7 Aircraft Maintenance Practices
- 8 Basic Aerodynamics
- 9 Human Factors
- 10 Aviation Legislation
- 11 Aeroplane Aerodynamics, Structures and Systems
- 15 Gas Turbine Engines
- 17 Propellers
The course is also offered on a part time basis to suit applicants who are currently in employment either during evenings, week-ends or day release.
The course can also be offered in-house if required by the employer.
The course will run only on a full-time basis for international students
It is an undergraduate degree that has been designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills required to become computing professionals.
It is a course designed to provide a thorough empirical, theoretical, and practical introduction to the field of finance and technology.