MSc Nursing is a prestigious nursing Management programme for qualified nurses who want to develop their knowledge and skills in order to advance their careers in the specialism of research, education, practice or international matters. The programme aims to engage students in the development of a systematic understanding of knowledge and a critical awareness of current practice issues or develop new insights regarding those issues at the forefront of their practice discipline.
Upon successful completion of this course, it is expected that graduates will:
- Engage in the development of a systematic understanding of knowledge and a critical awareness of current practice issues or develop new insights regarding those issues at the forefront of their practice.
- Apply new knowledge in an innovative way enhanced by a practical understanding of how evidence and enquiry are integral to advancing nursing practice
- Evaluate practice of self and others, making sound judgements in the absence of complete information
- Take control of advancing personal knowledge and understanding and developing that of others in order to benefit nursing practice
This programme is fully delivered in Mauritius by lecturers from the University of Salford (UK) through block teaching.
|1||Critically Exploring Professional practice|
|3||Evidence Based Practice for Patient Care|
|4||Project Management & Methods of Enquiry|
Currently employed in the field of nursing
A Bachelor’s degree with honours
An equivalent academic or professional qualification from the UK or elsewhere
- Modules are assessed by a combination of assignments and examinations.
The MSc Nursing is awarded by University of Salford, Manchester, (UK)
One year Full-Time or 1.5 years Part-Time