This qualification is primarily developed specifically to provide students new to
hospitality sector with a range of essential skills they are likely to need to perform
successfully in their first career role in the hospitality sector.
Aims of the course
This course aims to provide you with an understanding of the Hospitality industry and of
the key functions within a hotel, provide practical awards that complement academic
studies, enable you to gain credits towards higher education, enable you to develop
practical skills that can be applied in a vocational context and provide an introduction
to the basic skills for you to enter the hospitality industry.
• Provide students with an understanding of the Hospitality industry and of the key
functions within a hotel.
• Provide practical awards that complement academic studies.
• Enable students to gain credits towards higher education.
• Enable students to develop practical skills that can be applied in a vocational context.
• Provide an introduction to the basic skills of students entering the hospitality industry.
Course Learning Outcomes:
| give full-time learners the opportunity to enter employment in the hospitality industry or to progress to Level 3;
| provide education and training for hospitality employees;
| give learners the opportunity to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life.
Year 1 Semester 1:
| Customer Service Skills
| Restaurant and Bar Service 1
| Housekeeping 1
| Restaurant and Bar Service 2
| Housekeeping 2
| Reception and Reservations
| Concierge and Guest Services
English classes will be provided.
| At least 16 years old and National Certificate of Education (NCE)/9th Grade of the Nine-Year Continuous Basic Education
Confederation of Tourism and Hospitality (CTH), UK