The Diploma in Finance and Investment prepares the student for a career in the financial services industry whilst also giving the credentials he/she needs to pursue a career in other sectors. It provides the opportunity to study for a directly relevant qualification in a business-like environment that gives unique exposure to the financial services industry. Following the diploma, students can opt for a top up to specialise in finance, banking, investment and/or risk management. The programme will enable the student to develop a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the core elements of investment and financial analysis that underpin sound decision-making. It will provide the student with opportunities to investigate and analyse a range of issues relating to financial markets and the financial services sector and its national and international environment.
Upon successful completion of this course, it is expected that graduates will:
- Evaluate the business environment with a focus on the range of organisations in the financial investment sector, their institutional framework and the product and services they deliver.
- Apply the theoretical tools and theories of finance, and their relevance and application to theoretical and practical problems.
- Apply cognitive skills of reflective practice, including analysis and evaluation in order to develop lines of argument and make sound judgements in accordance with the theories and concepts studied.
- Demonstrate numeracy skills, including the ability to manipulate financial and other numerical data and to appreciate statistical concepts.
- Understand the inter-relationships between the various subject disciplines and assimilate these coherently to provide effective solutions.
- Learn independently and enhance skills of self-reflection and criticality and make effective use of appropriate communication and information technology skills.
|FIRST & SECOND YEAR||MODULES|
|1||Financial Markets and Risk|
|2||Quantitative Methods in Finance|
|3||Overview and types of Financial Market Instruments|
|5||Financial Performance Analysis|
|8||The Financial Services Environment|
|OPTIONAL MODULES(CHOOSE 2)|
|1||Principles of Taxation|
|2||Organisation Management in Financial Services|
|3||Financial Statements Analysis|
Full time / Part Time
HSC or Equivalent
Rushmore Business School
*TEC Approval in process