Rushmore Business School is offering a Degree in Architectural Technology to equip candidates with the relevant skills to join the construction industry. Architectural Technology is the technical side of design, it is about how things “look” but mainly it is about how buildings work. It’s all about problem solving and turning conceptual drawings into reality. It is about understanding design, and the build-ability of buildings. The BSc (Hons) in Architectural Technology programme content has been developed to assist students who are in or plan to enter design, construction or operations in the building industry. The course has been designed to equip students with the knowledge, understanding, and skills required for success in future employment or for progression to a postgraduate degree. Each module will be assessed through assignments related, where possible, to workplace-relevant activities. Architectural Technology concentrates on the science of building. Architectural Technologists become specialists in preparing detailed drawings and specifications for building projects. They work closely with architects and other members of the design team.
Upon successful completion of this course, it is expected that graduates will:
- Foster a critical and reflective understanding of the areas of study and their application
- Assist students to develop a range of skills and competencies which will enable them to make an effective contribution to their chosen careers.
- Create a range of learning opportunities which facilitate access and progression to allow personal and career development and the achievement of appropriate awards.
- Establish an appropriate foundation for a lifetime of continuing professional development.
- Develop an appreciation of the inter-relationships between the pofessions and specialisms involved in the built environment.
- Obtain a solid understanding of professional and ethical responsibility and a recognition of the need for and ability to engage in lifelong learning.
- Experience an academic environment that facilities and encourages learning and retention.
|1||Building Science and Services|
|2||Design Studio 1.1|
|3||Domestic Construction Technology|
|4||Design Studio 1.2|
|5||Legal Frameworks and Regulation|
|6||Material Sciences and Structure|
|1||Non Domestic Construction Tech.|
|2||Design Studio 2.1|
|3||2D and 3D Representation, BIM|
|4||Design Studio 2.2|
|2||Design Studio 3.1|
|3||Inter Professional Studies|
|4||Design Studio 3.2|
|6||Refurb. and Ret. of Existing Building|
HSC or equivalent
Leeds Beckett University (UK)
Full Time / Part Time