The B.A. (Hons) Business & Management Course is designed to provide students with a programme of study relevant to the commencement and development of a career in general management across a wide variety of sectors and within an array of organisations from small businesses to large multinationals. It provides opportunities to study general management issues across a broad area of businesses. The course brings together a diverse team of teaching staff who collectively offer many decades of management experience and help to bring theory to life in the classroom.
Upon successful completion of this course, it is expected that graduates will:
- Develop knowledge and critical appreciation and understanding of a broad range of locally and globally inter-related Business & Management issues.
- Demonstrate and develop a capacity to develop and apply creative and own perspectives and approaches to appreciate, understand and deal with uncertainty and complexity on a local and global level.
- Develop the capacity to critically evaluate, assess and interpret ranges of alternative innovative solutions using a range of digital and traditional sources relevant to the contemporary workplace.
- Demonstrate and develop a relevant range of enterprising, cognitive and intellectual skills specific to B & M.
- Develop effective interpersonal and digital communication skills to formulate, communicate and disseminate information in an appropriate manner suitable for a range of audiences.
|FIRST & SECOND YEAR||MODULES|
|1||Business and the Business Environment|
|3||Human Resource Management|
|4||Management and Operations|
|6||Managing a Successful Business Project|
|10||Operations & Project Management|
|12||Business IT Systems|
|13||Human Resources- Value & Contribution to Organisational Success|
|1||The Strategic Manager|
|2||Business Ethics Governance & Social Responsibility|
|3||Management & Leadership Development|
|4||Leading Innovation and Change|
|5||Strategic Human Resource Management for Leaders|
|6||Business Consultancy Project|
Full time / Part Time
HSC or Equivalent
Leeds Beckett University (UK)