Rushmore Business School
Following a recent press article on 12 September 2018, the Management of Rushmore Business School wish to bring the following clarifications:
- Rushmore Business School is a Tertiary Education Commission (TEC) registered institution and has been compliant with all the regulations and guidelines for post- secondary education in Mauritius.
- We have diversified our portfolio of courses, since our inception, 16 years ago, to provide opportunities for and access to British Education to our students.
- We have put quality of delivering higher education high on our agenda. We are also accredited by the British Accreditation Council (UK). We are subject to regular quality assurance audits by our partners in the UK.
- The Council of Registered Professional Engineers (CRPE) has written to us that we are offering courses which are not accredited, namely
- BSc(Hons) Civil Engineering
- Msc Civil Engineering
- BSc(Hons) Building Services Engineering
- MSc Building Services Engineering
- The Tertiary Education Commission has, in a letter dated 7 February 2018, informed us that all engineering courses have to be also accredited by a body aligned to the standards of the Washington Accord. The TEC issued this letter after consultation with the Council of Registered Professional Engineers (CRPE). We were granted provisional accreditation by the Tertiary Education Commission.
- We have initiated the accreditation process, in collaboration with our awarding partner for our engineering courses, seeking recognition by the Joint Board of Moderators (UK), who will visit us soon.
- It is erroneous to make such a statement that programmes are not accredited when, in fact, Rushmore Business School has already started the process of compliance as per working agreement between the Tertiary Education Commission (TEC) and Council of Registered Professional Engineers (CRPE).
We wish to reassure the public and the student community that we are committed to deliver quality education and we shall uphold our commitment at all times.
13 September 2018